Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last Village Church Visit: Kondembaia CRC

View from inside the Kondembaia CRC looking back at the road we DROVE on to get to the church.  I still feel badly about driving over someone's freshly-planted crops.
Getting the building set up and ready for the worship service.  This is one of the churches that received support (zinc roofing) from BC CRCs for their building project. 

Church bell, rung at about 8:00 AM.
Church began close to 9:00.
We worshiped until past noon.

Even though the former pastor, John Kalli, is at least as tall as I am, the doorway
is suitable for the average Sierra Leonean.  I have felt quite tall for the past 1/2 year.
(That's Rev. Edison's daughter beside me)

As part of his Timothy Leadership Training Action Plan for Stewardship, Rev. Edison wanted a guest preacher to speak about tithing.   I was the guest speaker.  That's Rev. Benjamin translating into Kuranko.

After the service we delivered medicine and prayed over this boy
who has been having epileptic seizures.  (Rev. Edison in the burgundy, Rev. Ben obscured by me, the boy's mother in  yellow, Rev. Ezekiel and a prayer leader from the church.)



No comments:

Post a Comment