Monday, May 28, 2012

Here and There...

Hosting Rev. John Phiri at Terrace CRC in May of 2010.
So, on May 20, Rev. John Phiri preached in Terrace CRC. This might not seem like a big deal to you, but it was to me, even though I wasn't there.  You see, Rev. Phiri is from Zambia and has been serving the CRC in Sierra Leone for the past 6 years.  I met him in 2009 here in Sierra Leone and he hosted us in his home.  In 2010 he was in Canada and I hosted him in Terrace.  Currently, Rev. Phiri is touring North America, meeting with partners and donors and spreading word about what is happening in the CRC of Sierra Leone.  And I am in Sierra Leone.  So, it was strange to receive this link of Rev. Phiri preaching to the church I pastor in Terrace - a place (and people) to which/whom I look forward to returning - without being there myself to welcome him.  From all accounts, it was a good message.  I look forward to hearing it when I have a bit faster internet back in Canada in a few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK96rI9EL8Y

No comments:

Post a Comment